Understanding how to find motivation when you’re just in a funk seems really tough, doesn’t it?
Trust me, I totally get it! My depression sometimes makes me feel like I have no control over how much I get done or how I’m feeling about it.
Over time, though, I’ve learned to stop letting depression get in the way (I don’t have a 100% perfection rate on that, though, lol) and to get motivated!
But I think that oftentimes, we google ways to get super motivated and all we end up finding is stuff that seems way too hard, or a bit out of our reach.
The fix to this, we need to find motivation in simple ways. We need to find motivation in every day life so it doesn’t feel inaccessible to us!
So I wanted to give you a full list of what you can do to find motivation in your life on a regular basis!
- Find a inspirational quote on Google and make it the wallpaper on your phone
- Do the same thing with your laptop or desktop!
- Write out a quote or something really special to you and hang it on the wall by your desk
- When you set an alarm, have the description say something like “You got this! *muscle arm emoji*”
- Get a daily planner that has positive quotes and pictures throughout it
- Hang a post-it note with a motivational reminder on your bathroom mirror
- Get an accountability buddy to check in with you and say, “Hey. How are staying motivated today?”
- Write tasks in your planner with a little checkbox next to them. The empty checkbox will motivate you to get things done so you CAN check it off!
- Buy one those little desk calendars that has quotes that inspire you!
- Follow accounts on social media that inspire you to go after your dreams
- Drink lots of water and eat something healthy (fueling your body = fueling your mind)
- Blast feel-good music and throw yourself a dance party every day (even if it’s just 30 seconds!)
- Stretch in the morning
- Practice self-care before you get ready for the day
- Actually get dressed and do your hair and makeup before you do anything else (even if you know you’re gonna be at home all day)
- Acknowledge what your goals are every single day – use them to motivate you to see the future!
- Clean something in your house, even if it’s small! Getting that one task done will motivate you to keep going
- Tell yourself that you’re gonna crush it every single day. Positive self-talk does some powerful things!
There are so many ways to find motivation in regular, every day life!
Motivation doesn’t have to feel like something that’s totally out of your reach. You can find it several times every single day!
If you have any other ways that you find motivation in your day, let us know in the comments! Let’s spread some inspirational and positive vibes to each other. 🙂