My struggle with depression set me down a long path of self-discovery and figuring out how to manage a wide range of emotions. As a young woman, there were a lot of aspects of my depression that were hard because I was supposed to be the girl having the time of her life in college and enjoying what life in my late teens and early 20’s had to offer. That wasn’t the case, though. I had to hit one of my lowest lows first. I’ll be walking you through my depression story, but also giving you some of the same tips that I used to figure out how to finally ask for help and stop holding everything inside of myself. If you’re in the same boat, this episode is for you.
- Why it’s important for me to share my story
- Background of the start of my career in college
- Explanation of what exactly I was doing as a sophomore in college (when my depression started)
- Discussion on an event that happened to me before the semester began that triggered the start of my depression
- Other symptoms I started to develop as the year went on
- The one event that made everything so much worse
- How that one event sent me down an event darker path
- Finally realizing that I needed to stop holding my depression in and open up about it and how I did it
- Discussion on some tips I have for you on how you can open up and talk about depression
I release new episodes every Monday! Be sure to leave me a comment or send me a DM on Instagram @sierramafield so we can chat about the episode!